Graphic Design Internship
Good Details, LLC is seeking motivated individuals for our Fall 2016 Graphic Design Internships. The Graphic Design Intern will work directly with the Gallery Owner, and focuses mainly on marketing materials for the gallery. The inter will be responsible for numerous projects related to Good Details, including but not limited to:
- Responsible for numerous projects related to the Good Details’s marketing and public relations
- Updating of Good Details’s website and other related sites.
- Assisting with installations/ de-installation of gallery exhibitions
- Helping with some day to day needs of the gallery
- Helping the Arts Admin Intern to unpack and re-pack work for exhibitions and assist with shipping
- Attending opening receptions, and special events as scheduled
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency with Photoshop or similar design software; Adobe Illustrator and InDesign a plus
- Ability to create graphics and design content in alignment with Good Details’s mission; stylistically create a cohesive campaign design that strengthens the gallery’s online presence
- Able to take constructive criticism and incorporate new direction
- Outstanding written and verbal communication is essential, including the ability to design for different audiences (blogs, online listings, email communications)
- Familiarity with social media platforms and etiquette (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr)
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Excellent organizational skills, able to meet project deadlines
- Good eye for detail and creative sensibility
- Flexibility with scheduling including some weekend and evening hours
- Proficiency with Google Drive
- A passion for Art a plus
- Photographers especially welcome
The Graphic Design Intern must be available to work two days per week excluding Mondays and Tuesdays; from 12 to 6pm and evenings for special events/programs as necessary. The start date of this internship is ASAP.
This is a part-time, internship eligible for college credit.
Send resume and cover letter (with availability) as well as a working portfolio of graphic design work (attached pdf, presentation, or website link) to the gallery assistant at: firstname.lastname@example.org INCLUDE IN SUBJECT: Graphic Design Internship